After nearly two weeks of blocking of the railway tracks by the Jats, the protesters seeking job quota finally removed blockade of the tracks after the Allahabad High Court order which disrupted rail routes and caused plenty of losses to the Indian railways and problems to the travelers.
As per report of the sources, though the jats decided to end their rail blockade they have cleared their intention of continuing agitation to create pressure on the Central government to allot them job quotas in the government jobs.
While speaking to media, Jat leader Satpal Chaudhary told that they have decided to end protests that were being carried out on the railway tracks near Kafupur railway station as they respected the decision of High Court. However, he confirmed that the agitation will not stop and will continue.
All India Jat Aarakshan Samiti chief Yashpal Malik said that they have been invited by the Home Ministry to hold talk on the issue and if their proposal is not accepted then they will resume agitation on the tracks again.
Earlier today, Allahabad High Court ordered to bring back rail service back on the tracks immediately and in case of issue asked state and Central governments to use force.
Sticking to demand of their inclusion in the list of Other Backward Classes in the government job quotas, the Jats have been creating problem for the railways since the commencement of the protest on March 5. Since then the blockade has led to the cancellation of 760 trains and affected over 1000 trains in last 15 days.Share
Get Updates by eMail: Submit eMail Here