Kerala Budget Highlights Details
The highlights and details of the Kerala Budget 2010 is given below in bullets:
Kerala Budget 2010 Highlights:
- Rice will be available at Rs.2 per Kg for traditional sector workers. Rs.500 crore has been allotted for this
- Increase in welfare pensions. Hiked to Rs. 300 a month. Any one helper of the disabled can also avail the pension
- Rs.17 crore for LNG terminal in Kochi to be commissioned in 2012
- Rs.1000 crores for regenerating the forests, of which Rs.100 crore for planting trees.
- Rs.1500 crore to be invested for CFL lamps for saving power
- Increased assistance for marriage for SC and ST women and more assistance to Kudumbasree.
- Police circle offices to be women-friendly.
- Farmers losses will be compensated to forbid suicides
- Agricultural sector allocation – Rs. 622 crore
- New allowances were announced for SC and ST students.
- The health insurance scheme would be expanded.
- Luxury tax for DTH
- 67 crores for National Games
- UGC scale salary for college lecturers from March
- 139 crores for Tsunami rehabilitation
- Surcharge removed; stamp duty relaxed
More updates on the same will be posted soon on this blog.
Get Updates by eMail: Submit eMail Here
Not what you are looking for? Search again
: Please note that Comment Section
available below is for "Discussion amongst our Visitors"
for Official Queries and Requests. Please report in-appropriate content to our web admin
. Please read our Disclaimer
publishes news in association with IANS, IBNS, Sampurn News, MNS
, etc. Read More.
Post your comments or inquiries